Reference ID: tac-1-74c50-af0df72f6a
Location: Corporate Centre
Tacony Corporation, a Fenton-based distributor of sewing machines, vacuum cleaners and ceiling fan products, has an excellent opportunity for a Web Architect to join our IT team.
Our Web Architect is responsible for innovative design and strategy as it relates to the overall architecture of multiple web sites and projects. The Web Architect will translate complex functional, technical and business requirements into architectural and system designs for the web development team.
- Define, design and document overall architecture for new and existing website projects.
- Architect, contribute to, and optimize, scalable web applications
- Define technology direction in line with requirements to create end-to-end physical and logical architecture
- Improve architecture by tracking emerging technologies; evaluating their applicability to business goals and operational requirements.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Develop and maintain Information Security controls, procedures, and standards
- Provide technical mentorship and direction to local development staff. Engage in code reviews and design reviews with the development team.
- Be a key contributor on the team and mentor other junior members of the team both directly and leading by example
- Play a hands on role in designs and coding efforts
- Collaborate with Product Marketing, UI/Graphic Designers, QA engineers, and other stakeholders to keep projects moving quickly and efficiently
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject
- 5+ years’ experience in web development and architecture
- Experience with front-end development; JSP, Servlet, Ajax/Jquery/Java Script
- Experience with PHP, Laravel, Magento and October CMS
- Expert in advanced HTML5, CSS, JS/Ajax and Jquery
- Experience with SQL data bases and other data stores
- Experience with enterprise level software development practices (sprints, version control systems, issue tracking tools, local build environments)
- Experience in agile development methodologies and the SDLC
We offer a competitive base salary plus an excellent benefits package that includes performance based bonus program, company paid retirement, inexpensive health insurance premiums, and more. Please send your cover letter, resume and salary history to Tracey Peterson at email@example.com. For more information about Tacony Corporation, please visit www.tacony.com.